Our Environmental Graphic Designer works on a variety of projects including brand development, signage/wayfinding, experiential graphic programs for marketing centers and workplace branding – from schematic design through construction documents. This involves design strategy and concept development, collaborating with our creative and strategy teams and producing design concepts into reality, presenting to clients and interacting with vendors.
This role is both as a hands-on designer and a project leader, thinker, design advocate and client relationship steward for projects and relationship-building locally and nationally. This team member must love to push new ideas, be passionate about design and get excited about managing extremely diverse projects while collaborating with architects, interior designers and other creative entities along the way.
- Actively participate in all aspects of the design process of environmental graphics, from strategy and design to installation oversight
- Prepare presentations and packages including rendered perspectives, plans, elevations, and fabrication direction and present designs to internal teams and clients
- Carry project work through construction documents by detailing, spec’ing and documenting sign types
- Coordinate directly with Account team to refine and perfect project estimating, budgeting, timeline expectations, deliverables and client management
- Foster and coordinate new and existing vendor relationships in order to ensure design vision is carried out to the highest quality
- Pursue and champion Resource’s participation in EGD-related design organizations and events (e.g. SEGD, AIGA, Creative Mornings, First Round, Creative South, etc.)
EXPERTISE OR SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Graphic Design, Architecture, Industrial Design or Interior Design: equivalent experience may be substituted
- 3+ years of experience or equivalent educational experience in experiential graphic design, signage design, 3D/2D graphics, interactive design, industrial design and 3D design/visualization; real estate background is a plus
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Experience with CADTools, SketchUp and/or other industry-specific software
- Advanced sketching and 3D rendering skillset
- Knowledge of material types, production capabilities and product details for use in a wide range of project work
- Knowledge of and comfort with working at scale and moving from design to elevation drawing to production-ready files seamlessly
- Adaptive design eye and skill
- Deep understanding of layout and design principles including of typography, composition and use of color
- Active understanding of brand systems and how they translate to the built environment
- Ability to simplify the complex into creative and effective communication pieces
- Detail-oriented with strong organization and time management skills
- Great written and communication skills, ability to present your work and design rationale
- Ability to balance multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Strong, positive attitude and supportive team member
Creative, Analytical, Team-Oriented, Strategic, Meticulous, Passionate, Strong Judgment, Resourceful, Detail-Oriented, Adaptable & Professional
Resource Branding is a boutique branding and design studio with a strong emphasis on commercial and residential real estate and related industries. We craft brands that create emotional connections and memorable experiences for people and places.
Check us out at resourceatlanta.com.
RESOURCE CULTURE CODE
FAMILY FIRST: Family, friends, health & happiness. These things come first.
BRING IT: We’re all in. Our passion for our work and clients shows in all we do.
STAY HUMBLE: Humility and openness are key ingredients for learning and creativity.
SEEK INSPIRATION: “Creative is intelligence having fun.” – Albert Einstein
OWN IT: We believe in accountability – with our clients and teammates, alike.
BE GENEROUS: “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” -Winston Churchill
POSITIVITY PREVAILS: A positive attitude leads to positive outcomes.
KEEP LAUGHING: There is little success where there is little laughter.