WordPress plugins used by Resource
Here’s a list of plugins that Resource uses on WordPress websites, along with their description and rationale for using them.
- Advanced Custom Fields PRO – an invaluable plugin that allows for easy creation and administration of custom fields.
- Cache Enabler – turn on simple caching for the site.
- Classic Editor – until the block editor is more user-friendly and plays along better with other plugins, this plugin is essential.
- Google Pagespeed Insights – runs the Google Pagespeed score for every page on the site.
- Gravity Forms – easily create and administer forms.
- MainWP Child – child plugin that is required for MainWP administration of the site.
- Post SMTP – make sure emails sent by WordPress actually make it to the recipient.
- Really Simple SSL – ensure that all traffic goes over https for sites with an SSL certificate.
- Redirection – create and enable redirect rules; keep track of 404 errors.
- Soil – front-end modifications. Extensive clean-up of extraneous WordPress junk.
- The SEO Framework – SEO configuration site-wide to single posts.
- UpdraftPlus – site backup.
- Wordfence – site security.
- WP Migrate DB Pro – simple site migration.